Building a call center firm could be as easy as setting up phone lines and employing a group of fluent and skilled operators. But in reality, it isn’t as stress-free as that. To get the business going, you need to overcome technical tensions and train your team to work their best for the client and their customers.
If you are venturing into contact center outsourcing, you must help companies improve their sales and satisfy their customers. Meet these goals and make your contact center a success by following these tips:
1. Manage Varied Call Volumes
To cope with high and unstable call volumes, you can:
- Increase your labor force.
- Hire agents who can handle various business tasks.
- Offer self-service transactions online or through a phone automated system.
2. Use Social Media as a Support Channel
Social media web sites are no longer just for entertainment. Today, businesses take advantage of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, and other social media sites to reach out to their clients. Making use of social network might be quite a task and might not be suitable to some business types. However, this technique can offer clients better means of keeping in touch with you.
3. Value Empathy
Empathy is not a skill but a behavior. An agent can read scripts but not all can be as genuinely sensitive to clients as others can. The key to having caring agents lies in the hiring process. Match your services with the people you aim to hire. Check if they can relate to your clients’ situation. Fresh college graduates, for instance, might not be the best bet for mortgage services. They won’t understand how mid-aged, family-oriented breadwinners would feel when they have problems with their mortgage fees.
4. Support a Work-from-Home Strategy
In businesses where privacy is a big deal, this option might not be feasible. But other companies can opt for work-from-home solutions as it can shore up the service provided by agents. It can also:
- Reduce operational costs;
- Improve agent productivity;
- Offer access to better talent pool;
- Allow freelance contract works;
- Support flexible out-of-hours service; and
- Promote business continuity amidst severe weather conditions and the like.
5. Measure the Customer Service Experience
Assessing how clients embrace your customer service is a great way to improve the whole process. Random call or e-mail surveys can help you gauge how effective contact center outsourcing is. In due time, this, too, can help you decide better on how to boost customer satisfaction.