As a starter in the industry, you may not have enough funds to hire a full-time in-house staff. If so, it’s time you find a virtual secretary. In reality, hiring a virtual assistant will:
- Let you focus more on growing your business;
- Free you from the boring tasks that bog down your company;
- Help you offload tasks (e.g., content creation, email marketing, influencer outreach, and social media); and
- Give you more money by letting you focus on the advanced tasks that deserve your attention and specific skillset.
Tasks for a Virtual Secretary
You can outsource five key roles to a virtual secretary for rates as low as $3 per hour. These roles are:
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Development
- Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Writing
- Audio and Video Editing
In addition, understand that a virtual secretary won’t always be an expert or complete assignments in every field. For instance, if a virtual secretary is adept at writing, you can hire him/her to work on digital marketing and content writing. But if he/she is adept at administration, you can assign him/her to do appointment scheduling, data entry, or reminder services.
As you focus on the growth of your firm, a virtual assistant will take care of tasks that kill your time as business owner. Besides, virtual assistants are time savers… and we know time is a crucial commodity in business and in life.
The Five-Step Hiring Process
Hence, to maximize your chances for success in hiring a virtual assistant, you must go through the following steps.
Step #1: Write a clear job description.
Step #2: Weed out candidates that don’t fit for the position.
Step #3: Use tools to help streamline and automate the procedure.
Step #4: Pick your top candidates.
Step #5: Set up interviews and prepare follow-up questions with a trial task.
Here, your goal is to pre-qualify candidates early in the procedure so you won’t waste time finding out whether the person you hired is the right fit. Likewise, reject candidates early on if you see any red flag. In the same way, don’t waste time interviewing someone if you already noticed he/she isn’t the right person for the job.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Working with a Virtual Secretary
To work effectively with your assistant, remember to apply the following tips.
- Have a backup for your documents and vital business information. Further, the chances of a serious problem happening with your precious files are greater with a virtual secretary. Since the person isn’t anywhere near you, you’re more likely to overlook a few crucial information.
- Keep your instructions clear and concise. In like manner, if possible, include pictures and screenshots. Though this method is time-consuming, the possible break and headache you’ll save can be much greater.
- Set a timeframe on your requests and make sure you communicate it to your secretary. Likewise, inform him/her if it needs a progress report. In case, you can both check your secretary’s performance and spot any tailback in the work at once.
Hiring a virtual assistant has never been easier. Besides, it’s a clear investment for your business because it allows you to focus on the more important tasks only you can handle.
What are your best tips for hiring a virtual secretary? Why not share your thoughts with us on the comments section! Otherwise, if you need one, hire us! Visit this link for other details.
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net